If you ever find that you cannot connect to a particular site of indeed any site on the internet due to this specific error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG, then we have some suggestions to help you fix it.
This type of error is definitely DNS related and it likely to be a local issue with your router or computers IP address.
The first option is to restart your router. This is not a reset, just restart it by switching it off and waiting at least 10 seconds before switching it on again. If you can’t find the on-off switch just unplug the router from its power supply and wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
It that solves the problem, then our work here is done. If you’re still reading this then we have more to do!
The next option is to release & renew your IP Address. This is really simple to do and you can do it from you computer, just follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time to open the run box.
- Type cmd and click the OK. This will open Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig /release and pressEnter on your keyboard.
- Then type ipconfig /flushdns and pressEnter on your keyboard.
- Then type ipconfig /renew and press Enter on your keyboard one last time.
- Check to see if the problem is resolved.
If that did solve your connection problem then our work here is finally done. If you’re still reading this then we’re either becoming friends or you still have an issue. If that is the case then I’m afraid that it’s time to contact your tech support folks.